FAFSA Information Requirements
for Determining Financial Aid Eligibility
Pell Grants and subsidized Stafford (Direct) loans are need-based, which is why the USDE requires detailed financial information on the FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid. At the beginning of this application, enter the Federal School Code for the Body Therapy Institute: 041728.
Here’s a list of required information you’ll need to complete this application:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Drivers License
- Your W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) Federal Income Tax Return – Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ
- Your current bank statements
- Your current business, investment and mortgage information; business and farm records; stock, bond and other investment records
- Your untaxed income records: veteran’s noneducation benefits records; child support received; worker’s compensation
- If you are not a U.S. citizen: Your alien registration number or permanent residence card or US Passport number
This information is to be entered online as part of the application – you will not mail any of this documentation to the USDE.
Upon completing the FAFSA process, you will be given a value for your Expected Family Contribution, or EFC. This value is used to compute grant and loan eligibility with respect to total cost of education. You will enter this value when prompted during the online Student Interview in the BTI Virtual Financial Aid Office.
Return to Information on Financial Aid