Compassionate Bodywork with Death and Dying
with Cathy Brooksie Edwards, MA, LPC, LMBT
July 20-21, 2017 | Thursday-Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm | 14 CE contact hours | $295
Those who have the strength and the Love to sit with a dying patient in the silence
that goes beyond words will know that this moment is neither frightening nor painful,
but a peaceful cessation of the functioning of the body.
– Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
This two-day course offers an opportunity to move into a deeper life as a healer by exploring the concepts, and learning the hands-on healing techniques of serving the dying patient. There is a renewed movement in the awakening of natural death and the call to helping people make their final transition with ease, deep meaning and less fear.
We will explore our own emotional responses, concepts, beliefs and feelings of working with the dying client thereby strengthening our methods of self-care and supporting healthy boundaries and ethics.
This is an interactive course that includes a blend of small and large group discussion, case studies, guest speakers, experiential awareness exercises, skill development and hands-on practice. Time is dedicated to creating a safe and nurturing space to explore this sensitive process.
- Learn the standard procedures, precautions and guidelines for hands-on healing in your own office, a clinical setting, or at the home site
- Discuss and practice positioning adjustments, hands-on techniques, and energy holds to safely meet the dying person’s needs
- Explore ways to deepen our mindful communication skills and create a safe container for the end of life client and their families
- Gain an understanding of how the end of life care is orchestrated and the different professionals that are included in the process
Additionally, participants will…
- Experience the profound effects of live sacred music during a hands-on session with a dying client
- Examine different cultural traditions with guest presenters and learn to enhance or create your own ceremonial rituals
NOTE: This workshop meets the requirements for ethics education for license renewal with the NC Board of Massage & Bodywork Therapy and for recertification with NCBTMB.
Cathy Brooksie Edwards has been a NC Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist for 20 years. Over the past two years, she has been working with Sparkroot Farm in Chatham County to create a Green Conservation Burial site and is walking her path of becoming an end of life guide. Her integrative intuitive style and up close experience with death brings a richness to her workshop that you will not want to miss. For more information, email Brooksie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-548-4963.
REGISTER for a Workshop | Browse Workshops by MONTH | Browse Workshops by CATEGORY | CE Home