Creating and Managing Healthy Boundaries
with Kevin Powell, MS, LMBT
May 22, 2016 | Sunday, 9:30am-4:30pm | 6 continuing education hours | $135
Boundaries define and regulate our sense of self, and our relationships. To succeed as Massage and Bodywork Therapists, we must balance the art of skillful touch with respect and honor for right relationship. In this class, students will learn how to mindfully establish and communicate boundaries in the client/therapist relationship, and how to monitor and repair those boundaries.
We will cover the following:
- Identifying boundaries on physical, emotional, energetic and cognitive levels
- Conscious awareness of boundaries
- The importance of Presence
- Our three vital centers of intelligence: thinking, feeling and sensing
- Creating and Intending the boundary
- Communication about boundaries
- Navigating Dual Relationships with clients
- Recognizing boundary shifts
- Handling boundary challenges and violations
- Repairing boundaries
This course meets the ethics education requirement for license renewals with the NC Board of Massage & Bodywork Therapy, as well as recertification with NCBTMB.
Kevin Powell is a NC Licensed Massage & Bodywork Therapist (#4307) and a former faculty member at BTI. He has a master’s degree in toxicology from North Carolina State University, and bachelor’s degree in biology from the College of William & Mary (Virginia). He is a BTI graduate, an AMTA member and served as vice-chair of the North Carolina Board of Massage & Bodywork Therapy. Kevin has a private practice in Chapel Hill, NC called Original Medicine.
REGISTER for a Workshop | Browse Workshops by MONTH | Browse Workshops by CATEGORY | CE Home